Image2ULAplus is a follow-up version of Edward Cree’s great tool SCRPlus. It is released under the GNU GPL v3+ license and the source code is fully available (see download section below).
You can either read any supported file and can convert it into any other supported format. Image2ULAplus supports ZXP file enhanced format. You also may use palette files and can convert a picture using this palette. Image2ULAplus now supports the HAM256 picture format that is based on ULAplus technique.
Fully supported file types (reading and writing):
- SCR (standard and Timex SCREEN$, with or without ULAplus palette addition)
- MLT (Timex SCREEN$ with non-alternate attributes), with or without ULAplus palette addition
- BMP bitmaps
- JPG and PNG images
- ZXP ZX-Paintbrush pictures (standard and enhanced format)
- ULAplus and HAM256 tapes
Partially supported file types (reading only):
- TAP palette files (176 bytes)
- RAW palette files (64 bytes)
- Supports nearly all features of the great tool SCRPlus (including command line parameters)
- Supports reading of standard and enhanced ZXP (ZX-Paintbrush) pictures.
- Convert from bitmap images to Screens and vice versa.
- Timex SCREEN$ support.
List of changes:
|Date:||Description of changes:|
|May, 22nd, 2013||New program version 1.2 published|
|Dec. 29th, 2013||Image2ULAPlus saves it’s used path into the Windows |
registry (necessary for external tools to find the path of the program much easier).
|Dec. 30th, 2013||Image2ULAPlus now supports MLT file format. No switches are needed for that, |
because the file name (SCR or MLT decides how the attribute area of the Timex
based screen have to be organized. SCR=alternate, MLT=non alternate.
|Dec. 30th, 2013||New program version 1.3 published. Final state for now!|
Download Image2ULAPlus for Windows platforms:
|Necessary files description:||Files:||Version state:||Download here:|
Image2ULAPlus binary and source 1.3
|Image2ULAPlus.exe and sources||Dec. 30th, 2013||Image2ULAplus_v1.3_Setup.zip|